The NCT Cancer Registry is responsible for the documentation of each cancer case within the NCT, whether it is a primary patient, a patient with recurrent disease to be treated in an advanced state or even a second opinion patient. The documentation includes all diagnosis and therapy information as well as staging and courses of the disease starting from year 2007. The data is available for all scientific requirements and can be delivered in an adequate format in order to support and accelerate publications.
NCT Cancer Registry
The NCT clinical cancer registry, as an important interdisciplinary entity, pursues several objectives:
1. Registration of all NCT tumor cases by trained documentation staff according to the information contained in the hospital information system, in compliance with strict quality control criteria. At present more than 12 000 initial registrations annually, with an increasing tendency.
2. Data provision and analysis of registration data
- for transnational research projects
- for clinical/epidemiological research projects
- for internal quality assurance
- for the prioritization of future NCT work
in an appropriate format and, on agreement, also as a targeted, sophisticated analysis.
3. Progress documentation as a prioritized issue, i.e. step-by-step addition of the examinations and follow-up therapies carried out after completion of the primary therapy, as well as regular, automated comparisons with the public resident registration offices.
4. Fulfilment of NCT reporting obligations to the Baden Württemberg Cancer Registry and, in consultation with the individual hospitals, a continuous increase in our patient detection and hence reporting rate through regular data transfer.
5. In addition, the registry also conducts independent clinical/epidemiological research oriented and method oriented development projects, e.g. development of a flexible tumor documentation system for the more efficient registration of the increasing data quantities collected in the registry.