The diagnosis of cancer presents a profound life change and thus a strong psychological burden for many patients. Questions about life and meaning are often brought to the fore. In this difficult situation, those affected look for hope and consolation and wish for trusting discussions in a protected setting. Patients at NCT Heidelberg can turn to the pastoral care at Heidelberg University Hospital (UKHD) for help and will be offered a sympathetic ear for all matters that are on the minds of patients or their relatives. The patients' religious affiliation does not play a predominant role.
Clinical pastoral care
Services offered by Clinical pastoral care
- Mental and spiritual support for patients and their relatives (conversations are subject to pastoral confidentiality)
- Prayers, rituals, blessings, church services
- Crisis intervention
- On-call service - also at night, on weekends and holidays, available via the gynecological clinic's gate (Phone: +49 6221 56-7856)
- Close interdisciplinary cooperation with the physicians, nursing staff and social service employees
- Christian and Islamic pastoral care
Contact & Appointments
Evangelic Pastoral Care
The position of the Evangelic chaplain is currently vacant.
You can reach a substitute via the gate of the gynecological clinic (+49 6221 56-7856).
Catholic Pastoral Care
Pastoral speaker Dipl. Theol. Ulrich Bickhardt
Phone: +49 6221 56-36599
Islamic Pastoral Care
Rachid Aboulfath (Focus on Arabic-German)
Phone: +49 6221 56-37473 / +49 152-54648493
Hülya Dogan (Focus on Turkish-German)
Phone: +49 152-54648499
Kopfklinik Ebene 00 Zimmer 324
Neue Chirurgie Gebäude E/Ebene 2