- described familial risks and provided clinically useful risk estimates for all types of cancer (Oncologist 2008, 13:239-47).
- described familial clustering of histology-specific nervous system tumors (Lancet Oncol 2009 10:481-8).
- shown that mortality in cancers such as prostate cancer is familial, which is likely to be explained by inherited prognosis-related genes (J Clin Oncol 2008, 26:1705-9).
- provided guidelines for cancer screening in individuals with a family history of breast and prostate cancers (Oncologist 2009, 14:1209-17).
- participated in a number of studies to find low-penetrance genes for colorectal, breast, skin, nervous sytem and bladder cancers and for melanoma and childhood leukemia Nat Genet 2008, 40:623-30; Nat Genet 2009, 41:221-7; Nat Genet 2009, 41:899-904; Nat Genet 2009, 41:909-14; Blood 2010, 115:1765-7).
Hemminki K, Lenner P, Sundquist J, Lorenzo Bermejo J: Risk of subsequent solid tumors after non-Hodgkin lymphoma: effect of diagnostic age and time since diagnosis. J Clin Oncol 2008, 26:1850-7
Tomlinson IP, Webb E, Carvajal-Carmona L, …, Hemminki K, Vodicka P, Naccarati A, Lipton L, Ho JW, Cheng KK, Sham PC, Luk J, Agúndez JA, Ladero JM, de la Hoya M, Caldés T, Niittymäki I, Tuupanene S, Karhu A, Aaltonen L, Cazier JB, Campbell H, Dunlop MG, Houlston RS: A genome-wide association study identifies colorectal cancer susceptibility loci on chromosomes 10p14 and 8q23.3. Nat Genet 2008, 40:623-30
Anderson LA, Pfeiffer RM, Rapkin JS, Gridley G, Mellemkjaer L, Hemminki K, Björkholm M, Goldin LR, Caporaso NR, Landgren O: Survival patterns among lymphoma patients with a family history of lymphoma. J Clin Oncol 2008, 26:4958-65
Hemminki K, Tretli S, Sundquist J, Johannesen TB, Granström C; Familial risks in nervous system tumours: histology-specific analysis from Sweden and Norway. Lancet Oncol 2009, 10:481-88
German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)
Molecular Genetic Epidemiology
Im Neuenheimer Feld 580